Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fantasy Hockey 101: Wrath Of Experts



I heard a rumor that a lot of the experts were taking their lumps the first few weeks, including yours truly. But FUNK THAT!!! Get the cider chilled and let's get ready to roll here. It was a very good week for me in particular...amazing but hey it happens. That is why we savor these when we can because you never know when its going to all go in the crapper!!What Went Right This WeekJarome Iginla (CGY) -- 5 goals, 2 assists this weekJS Giguere (ANA) -- 3 wins and a happy fantasy owner here.Martin Brodeur (NJ) -- only 1 win but shutouts help.Ryan Miller (BUF) -- Continuing to roll along for BuffaloZach Parise (NJ) -- Keeps on scoring..delighting owners.What Went Wrong This WeekMarty Turco (DAL) -- Umm...still sputtering at best!Ed Jovanovski (PHX) -- Still no points!!!Steven Stamkos (TB) -- Still haven't seen him!Pascal Leclaire (CBJ) -- Injured again!!!!Rick DiPietro (NYI) -- Still feelin pain in lower body!Quick Recap!In what was a very solid week for many of my friends and I, I really did learn a key thing about some of my teams. They may be even better than expected. Though Martin Brodeur did falter against Philly this weekend...it was a very nice week overall. JS Giguere has now won four straight by the way...stopping all but two against Columbus tonight. Henrik Lundqvist is still winning folks as he won his 7th tonight over the New York Islanders. I have managed to climb into the top 3 in 4 of my 5 points leagues. And I even found a way to win in Darryl Houston Smith's Fantasy Hockey Facts League. Not too shabby....hopefully my team can get healthy. I saw so many experts do really well this week. Rick is rolling along not only in the Fantasy Hockey Facts league but several others as well. I believe is also doing extremely well in the LSHL with a team that has even bigger potential. Look out for the co-host....he has practically hand drafted several fantasy teams and is highly sought after for fantasy advice. That is truthfully the highest compliment I can pay for any expert.Lastly I wanted to thank folks like Darryl Houston Smith, Kevin from Full Access, Ben Ice from RotoExperts, and so many others for all their fantasy help throughout the early season. Who knows we may be seeing these guys on the podcasts in the near future. Stay tuned!!!Source

No comments: